Technical leaders are usually accountable to a range of people up and across the organisation. They have no positional power over their bosses and may feel like they are speaking a different language when communicating their perspective. Understanding the importance of influence and how to adapt their message and style is key to being effective.
This course provides a deep understanding of the true role and expectations of line bosses, as well as virtual bosses, across the organisation. Techniques are provided to align with their boss’s true requirements. It also provides practical tools and strategies to reduce organisational conflict from competing priorities from multiple bosses and provides strategies to effectively communicate and escalate issues and ideas. Attendees will use case studies and real-world examples to build up a Boss Whisperer plan that includes practical templates to use back in the office.
Who should attend?
Technical managers | Specialist engineers | Project managers
Anyone who wants to have more influence with bosses and peers
Upon completion of this course, delegates will be able to:
- Understand and influence their key stakeholders up and across the business
- Understand the importance of following in leadership
- Use networking and political influence to influence multiple stakeholders
- Deal with new, different, difficult, and abusive bosses
- Effectively escalate and present upwards